1. Where can I find your workshop schedule?
For our craft workshops, we don’t have a fixed schedule as we conduct workshops on request. You can join an existing workshop (See our Events Calendar) or we can set up a new class for you at your preferred time slots (for projects that currently don’t have much existing classes). Class size is a cosy, intimate 1 - 3 pax unless otherwise stated. Book a workshop with us today via WhatsApp +65 96310475 (Jasmine).
Workshops take place from Tue to Sat, 9am - 6pm. Usually, a 4-hour workshop can be arranged from 9am - 1pm or 2:30pm - 6:30pm. Saturdays are in high demand so they have to be booked almost 2 - 4 months in advance. You can probably get a weekday day slot quickly in 1 - 2 months. Registration closes 7 working days before the workshop date so that we can prepare your materials.
2. Where is the workshop held at?
We're a home-based craft studio and we reside along Edgedale Plains, Punggol. It can be accessed easily by private and public transport. The exact address is given once you confirm the workshop registration with payment. It is cosy, air-conditioned with light music for your crafting enjoyment. Everything is provided for unless you prefer and wish to bring your own crafting tools or sewing machine. You have access to drinking water, washroom, fridge and microwave.
We do have two tiny, friendly Shihtzu dogs at home. If you're afraid of dogs or can't be near dogs (Muslim students), let us know in advance and we can fence them away from the workshop area. We will also take photos of the workshop, participants and final finished projects for marketing and archival purposes. We'll send them to you after the workshop for your keepsake too. Should you prefer privacy and your face to not be in the photos (only backview and project shots), we respect that so please inform us before the workshop.
3. Where can I find your available projects and fees for workshops?
You can look through our entire list of workshops on our website and filter the selection by project level and type (E.g. beginner, pouch). Or you can just chat with us on WhatsApp at +65 96310475 for project recommendations suitable for your crafting level. Some designs and fabrics from years ago might not be available but we will recommend similar projects or new available fabrics. Fees range from $48 - $316, depending on materials, duration and fabric choice. Fees includes the use of sewing machines and/or tools, materials and pattern for your use after the workshop. For crochet workshops, you need to get your hook or you can also purchase it from us.
4. How do I know what level of projects am I suitable for?
We have categorised our craft projects broadly into 5 levels.
Beginner: You have never done sewing or even used a sewing machine before.
Confident Beginner: You have learnt how to use a sewing machine before (even years ago in Home Economics) but need a refresher. Or you just learn the basics of machine sewing and will like to learn more. Note: However, if you have chosen to do a zipper project, you should have been sewing recently and not many years ago.
Intermediate: You can operate a sewing machine independently, fast and well. You should have been sewing recently and not many years ago. You will like to learn to work more professionally with interfacing or batting. Projects from this level onwards also build your crafting stamina as more details also means longer duration.
Confident Intermediate: You have worked with both interfacing and batting in your projects before.You should have been sewing regularly and recently, and not many years ago. You also can handle bulk during sewing. Now you want to challenge yourself with more complex projects requiring precision, curves, snips, pockets, bias binding and more.
- Advanced: If it isn’t challenging, you don’t enjoy it. Welcome to projects—which can be a battle with your machine—yet so satisfying and rewarding to complete. You should have been sewing regularly and recently, and not many years ago.
Beginner: You will like to pick up crochet as a hobby. At this stage, you need time, practice and perseverance to hone your psychomotor skills.
Intermediate: Cute details and more complicated patterns await in these crochet projects. For the beginner, you will need more sessions to complete these projects.
- Advanced: These kawaii projects pose an even more interesting challenge for the crocheter. Now we work on shaping, complex patterns, miniature crochet and more.
5. Where can I choose fabrics or materials for my project?
For sewing, each student will get a maximum of 5 fabric choices based on their indicated preferred colours, prints and cartoon/non-cartoon. Our fabrics are broadly divided into two categories:
- Japanese Character fabrics (more expensive, original Japanese cartoon prints e.g. Hello Kitty, Sanrio Characters, Doraemon, Peko-Chan etc.)
- Japanese or printed-in-Japan fabrics (all other non-cartoon prints from textile brands like Kokka, Kobayashi, Cotton and Steel etc.)
Some projects have standard coloured accessories, while others allow you to pick the colour of your zip, strap or buttons. Once you have picked your print fabric, we can help recommend a suitable combination.
For crochet workshops, you will make the exact same amigurumi doll.
6. Can I bring my own materials?
Unfortunately, no. All workshop materials are specially curated, prepared and/or pre-cut in advance to suit the project and also save time in our workshops. This allows you to fully concentrate on crafting the project. After you have learnt the project, you can definitely make it again at home with your own favourite materials.
7. Can I customise the design of my project and to what extent?
Extensive drafting and testing of the pattern is required for each workshop to ensure a pleasant experience and end product. Any major changes involving sizes or even design features of our bags or pouches would not be possible without prior, careful testing. We will keep in mind your valuable feedback and request, and try to include them in future workshops. In the meantime, we sincerely hope that you enjoy the workshops and patterns that we have spent a lot of time and effort in creating.
8. I have something that I always want to learn. Can you teach me how to do it?
Basically we teach sewing and craft projects that we worked on or designed, are passionate about and most importantly put in effort to practise. Firstly, we might not be an expert in that area yet. Secondly, too much customisation will also make it hard to create a workshop module that can be replicated and benefit other crafters. We seek your understanding on this. Nevertheless let us know your wish list and we will keep them in mind for our future projects.
9. Can I bring my partner or kids to the workshop?
Yes, if they are also registering for the workshop with you.
However, if they are just here to accompany you, that is not allowed. Bringing a non-participant to a workshop is distracting to yourself and others who are trying to focus on the workshop. We also have limited space in a home studio environment and a household-visitor-per-day quota under the Covid-19 health and safety advisories. For young children, there will be no one to supervise them during the workshop and we are concerned for their safety with the scissors, pins and needles lying around the place. We seek your kind understanding to make separate arrangements for them so that you too can be free to enjoy the workshop.
If you are sending your child to our workshop, you'll not be allowed to accompany them or wait for them in our studio. Please ensure that your child is fine with attending the workshop alone before registering him or her for it. Kindly make arrangements to drop them off and pick them up promptly before and after their workshop.
10. I want to sign up for a workshop. What do I do next?
If you’re keen to sign up, please register with us via WhatsApp +65 96310475, and not via our website. Prior to any form of payment, you need to first select and secure your workshop date, materials and more. We do not have these selection functions on our website yet so we ask for your understanding on this. Please refer to our website for information seeking only. Payment via PayLah and PayNow is also preferred to keep our transaction and workshop costs low.
However, if you have already excitedly signed up and make payment for a workshop on our website via credit card or PayPal payment--don't worry. We'll get in touch with you via WhatsApp in 1 - 3 working days to:
- Select the next available date and time for your workshop (New or existing session)
- Choose your fabrics, accessories, yarn colour, materials or more (Whatever is applicable for the project)
- Process additional charges if you request for additional items in your workshop e.g. extra accessories to bring home, more expensive fabric choice etc.
11. Can I postpone, cancel or refund my workshop after I registered for it?
Once payment is made for a workshop, it is not refundable, exchangeable or transferable. It will be your responsibility to check your own schedule and ensure you are free to attend the workshop on the specified date. A lot of planning and coordination goes into setting up a workshop so we strongly discourage students to reschedule or postpone their classes. We would have also turned away other keen crafters when we accepted your workshop registration. If you still have to reschedule or postpone your classes for any personal, family, work, school or other matters, please note the following penalty fees that you will incur:
- 30 days or more before class date: one-time free rescheduling of class
- 15 - 29 days before class date/2nd rescheduling of 30 days or more before class date: 30% of workshop fee
- 8 - 14 days before class date: 50% of workshop fee
- 0 - 7 days before class date: 100% of workshop fee
- No show on day of workshop: Workshop fee is fully forfeited
- Note: Weekday students will receive a weekday makeup class and the same applies for Sat students. A weekday student will not be able to request for a Sat makeup class as we have limited Sat slots in a year.
We will only provide a make up class at no charge for the following unforeseen circumstances:
- If we have to postpone classes due to any change in the circuit breaker measures
- If you’re not well and produce a valid medical certificate
- If you’ve been exposed to the Covid-19 virus and produce valid Health Risk Warnings or Trace Together records
- If you have to deal with a sudden family or medical emergency or crisis; and produce valid proof of it (subjected to our approval)
12. Can I change my mind about the project, fabric, design and materials I have chosen?
Designs, fabrics and embroideries also cannot be changed once selected, paid for and prepared.
13. What if I am late for the workshop?
We will start on time so please arrive punctually 5 minutes before the workshop to check in and settle down. Please be punctual for your workshop as there might be another workshop after your session—in which we won’t be able to extend the session, should you not be able to finish in time.
14. What if I cannot complete the project in the given duration?
If you overrun the given duration expected of the crafting level for your workshop, additional hourly charges might apply. As much as possible, we hope to avoid imposing additional charges and complete the whole project with you. Therefore, we ask that you better manage your time and pace in the workshop. New students will naturally need some time to learn new skills and how to operate our sewing machines, so it is totally fine to exceed the duration slightly during your first workshop. We are very understanding folks! :)
15. If my workshop has a meal break, where can I get food?
Usually workshops that are of 6 hours or longer will have a 30-min break. We usually order food delivery as a class and share the delivery costs. You can bring your own food too if you have dietary concerns or needs. We have a fridge and a microwave for your use, if necessary.
If you have more questions or will like to chat in detail with us, please drop us a WhatsApp message at +6596310475 (Jasmine).